Events that involve the entire Redwoods community, and often bring in large numbers of people from the broader community as well, provide some of the most treasured experiences of life at The Redwoods. New major events emerge on our calendar almost every year, but below is a listing of the community-wide events that appear on our calendar annually.
- Redwoods Senior Prom. A tradition at The Redwoods for almost 20 years, this cherished event brings our residents together with students from the Leadership Class at Tamalpais High School and other members of the Mill Valley community for a night of dancing and celebration that culminates in the coronation of the "King" and "Queen" of The Redwoods.
- Celebration of Service Awards. This unique celebration honors local firefighters and police officers, city staff, teachers, students and Redwoods volunteers for their contributions to the community. The Mayor of Mill Valley presents the awards for the evening.
- Marin Human Race. Residents and staff and their families, along with board members and volunteers, walk, run and roll through the 5K course to raise money for wellness programs at The Redwoods.
- Memorial Day Parade. Residents participating in a variety of activities at The Redwoods, including The Mill Valley Seniors for Peace and The Redwoods Drummers, parade through downtown Mill Valley to the cheers and smiles our Mill Valley neighbors.
September / October
- Volunteer Appreciation Event. All Redwoods volunteers are invited to come and celebrate their accomplishments together in an informal event that honors all those who have volunteered with us throughout the year.
- Resident Bazaar. Many residents work hard all year long on handmade sewing and jewelry items, along with a delicious array of baked goods, beautiful plants and flowers grown in our organic garden, and much more. A team of committed residents organizes this entire event and all proceeds go to support The Redwoods' programs and the activities of The Residents Community Association.
- Halloween Party. Decorations, food and drink, music and costumed fun!
- Veterans Day Luncheon. A very special and well loved event that honors the many men and women of The Redwoods who have served their country through military service.
- Redwoods Remembrance Celebration. A new tradition that invites residents, staff and family members to come together and look back with joy and affection on the lives of residents who have died in the past year.
- Holiday PartiesWarm, joyful and lively celebrations of the season:
- Hanukkah Party
- Christmas Party
- New Year's Eve Celebration