How to Give
Gifts of all sizes are welcomed! Contributors can make a one-time gift or a pledge by cash,
check, credit card or stock.
Mail checks to The Redwoods, 40 Camino Alto, Mill Valley, CA
94941 (please indicate “Revitalization Campaign” on your check) and make credit card
donations online here.
Questions? Contact the Development Department at 415-383-2741 ext. 267
Major Revitalization components include:
• Modernizing the Independent Living Apartments
• Updating the main Dining Room and Kitchen
• Building a new center for vitality and healthy living
• Improving the entry and lobby areas
• Planting beautiful low-water use landscaping
Want to learn more about the project?
• Revitalization Fact Sheet (pdf)
• Revitalization Project Video
• Revitalization Project Page
In December 2013, a $32.8 million Revitalization project was launched. The project is being funded by the following sources:
$2.6 million (capital campaign - secured) Thank you!
$28.2 million (bond financing - secured)
$2 million (reserve funds - secured)
Why Give to The Redwoods
• Serves today’s – and tomorrow’s – active seniors.
• Fills a significant need in Marin County by providing affordable housing for seniors.
Currently, 40% of Independent Living Units have HUD Section 8 subsidies and 30% of our
Skilled Nursing residents receive Medi-Cal.
• Helps meet the housing challenge for an ever-increasing senior population in Marin County,
which is projected to increase 30% by 2030.
• Provides seniors with active living through a range of programs, including music groups
(Rock the Ages, The Redwoods Drummers), tai chi and yoga, line dancing, discussion
groups and lectures, writing circles, and organic gardening.
• Makes Mill Valley and Marin County a special place to live for The Redwoods is a jewel of a
• May be the future home of your neighbor, sibling, parents, and possibly you!
Watch our Revitalizing the Redwoods video
Why we need your support